Browse our listings of hotels around Vietnam.
Ba Kieu temple is now located across from the Ngoc Son temple. When it was built the area belonging to this temple was quite large. Part of the original three-gated entrance is still there, but is now a kiosk selling Vietnamese souvenirs to tourists. The entrance and the temple were separated when the road around the lake was built in 1885, during the French colonial era. It is thought that the founder of the temple was Chua Trinh, the wife of the First Scribe (Mandarin) to a Le king who ruled in the late 17th to early 18th century. Ba Kieu temple dates from that time. During the American War in the 1960s and 70s, a large part of this temple was used to display pictures of damage done by the enemy and relics of captured soldiers and equipment. After the war it was used as a picture gallery to display and sell the works of Vietnamese artists. In 2007, the gallery was closed.
Oops Searched Out Back